SHARE, the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, is a research infrastructure for studying the effects of health, social, economic and environmental policies over the life-course of European citizens and beyond. SHARE is the largest social science panel study and has set new standards in research and scientific data collection. It has global impact since it not only covers all EU member countries in a strictly harmonized way but additionally is embedded in a network of sister studies all over the world, from the Americas to Eastern Asia.
The organization of the SHARE fieldwork in the Netherlands is overseen by ODISSEI (Open Data Infrastructure for Social Science and Economic Innovations). ODISSEI is included on the national roadmap and is responsible for appointing a new Country Team Lead for SHARE-NL, subject to the approval of the Scientific Board of SHARE-ERIC. The Country Team Lead is responsible for the smooth running of the Dutch contribution to this challenging project.
About the Position
The Country Team Lead is responsible for data collection, which is carried out by an external agency with tendering conducted by SHARE-ERIC in Berlin. In addition, the Country Team Lead is responsible for the dissemination and promotion of research using SHARE data in the Netherlands. They will be the Dutch point of contact for SHARE and are expected to participate in (inter)national meetings in the context of SHARE.
The Country Team Lead has the opportunity to delegate activities to a Country Team Operator but remains personally responsible for the execution of the survey in the Netherlands. There is a budget of €50,000 available for the appointment of a Country Team Operator. The Country Team Lead should be available to assume responsibilities from January 2024. More information on the role of a Country Team Lead in SHARE can be found here but feel free to contact the Deputy Director of ODISSEI, Tom Emery (email@example.com) for any further questions. For more information about the role of Country Team Lead, please see page 20 of the Manual for SHARE.
The implementation of SHARE in the Netherlands is financed by ODISSEI. If you would like to participate in the application process for Country Team Lead of SHARE, please send the following:
- a concise CV with an appended list of publications containing only an overview of 1) a maximum of ten English-language publications 2) a maximum of five publications based on SHARE data.
- An explanation of no more than one side of A4 why you (and possibly your team) are suitable to fulfill this role,
- an explanation of no more than one A4 of your ideas for disseminating and promoting SHARE in NL.
We would like to receive these documents no later than Friday, July 7, 2023. You can send your application to the ODISSEI Data Collection Committee, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The ODISSEI Data Collection committee will then select the most suitable candidates and schedule interviews with them in early July. The selection criteria that will be used are:
- 1. fluent in spoken and written English and Dutch
- 2. practical experience with survey methodology and procedures
- 3. a person of standing within the social science community of their country
- 4. experience with SHARE data
- 5. knowledgeable about past national or sub-national studies of a similar nature and, ideally, with experience in cross-national research
- 6. Availability
A decision will be taken in July 2023 about the Country Team Lead to be appointed.
For further information, please contact Tom Emery: email@example.com